Actor and singer Anna Maria Sturm was born in Regensburg in 1982 and first studied pharmacy before completing her acting training at the renowned Otto Falkenberg School in Munich in 2007.
Even back as a student, Anna Maria appeared on stage numerous times at the Münchner Kammerspiele, which consequently became her first artistic home.
Her most significant and favourite collaboration was with director Susanne Kennedy, with whom she worked on the play "Purgatory in Ingolstadt" (2013) and "Why Does Herr R. Amok?" (2015). Both productions were invited to the Berlin Theatertreffen. Anna Maria Sturm began her film career in parallel with her theatre work while still at acting school. She was cast in the leading role of film trilogy: Good Times (Beste Zeit, 2007), Best Region (Beste Gegend, 2008) “Best Chance” (Beste Chance, 2014) by the popular Bavarian director Marcus H. Rosenmüller. This was soon followed by other television roles, the most famous of which being the role of the young commissioner, Anna Burnhauser, alongside Matthias Brandt in the crime series "Police Call 110" (Polizeiruf 110) until 2013.
Her first musical appearances also began during her time at acting school: she sang at festivals and award ceremonies for a wide audience and soon developed a fascination with both classical music and jazz.
During this period, she began the fruitful collaboration with saxophonist and composer Wanja Slavin. She performed musical reading evenings with Wanja before founding the “Anna Maria Sturm Quintet” in 2014 and recording her first jazz album, Tales of Woe. Anna Maria Sturm continued to devote herself intensively to music while working as an actor and founded the trio “Love&Lost” in 2016. She has started work on a further album that will be released in summer 2019.
She currently lives in Berlin.
- 2007: Beste Zeit (Good Times), feature film
- 2008: Beste Gegend (Best Region), feature film
- 2009: SOKO 5113 – Bis dass der Tod euch scheidet (Special unit 5113 - till death us do part), television series
- 2009: Geliebter Johann Geliebte Anna (Anna and the Prince), feature film
- 2010: Topper gibt nicht auf (Topper won’t give up), short film
- 2010: Tatort – Nie wieder frei sein (Crime scene – Never free again), television series
- 2010: Die Hebamme – Auf Leben und Tod (Delivering Hope), television film
- 2010: Das Haus ihres Vaters (House of her father), feature film
- 2011: Eine halbe Ewigkeit (Half of forever), feature film
- 2011: Polizeiruf 110 – Cassandras Warnung (Police call 110 – Cassandra's warning), television series
- 2011: Polizeiruf 110 – Denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun (Police call 110 – They don’t know what they are doing), television series
- 2011: Sommer der Gaukler (Summer of the jester), feature film
- 2012: Polizeiruf 110 – Schuld (Police call 110 – Guilt), television series
- 2012: Polizeiruf 110 – Fieber (Police call 110 – Fever), television series
- 2012: Gestern waren wir Fremde Strangers and Lovers, feature film
- 2013: Familie Sonntag auf Abwegen (Family Sunday goes astray), feature film
- 2013: Polizeiruf 110 – Der Tod macht Engel aus uns allen (Police call 110 – Death makes angels of us all), television series
- 2014: Beste Chance (Best Chance), feature film
- 2015: Heiraten ist nichts für Feiglinge (Marriage is not for weaklings), television film
- 2016: Hattinger und der Nebel (Hattinger and the mist), television film
- 2017: Wackersdorf (Wackersdorf), feature film